Communication language and literacy:
Children will be provided with opportunity and encouragement to use their skills in a range of situations and for a range of purposes, they will be supported in developing the confidence and disposition to allow them to:
Be able to use conversation with one other person, in small groups and in large groups to talk with and listen to others; The ability to communicate helps children to participate more fully in society.
- Add to their vocabulary by learning the meaning of – and being able to use – new words;
- Being able to use words to describe their experiences;
- Getting to know the sounds and letters which make up the words we use;
- Listen to – and talk about – stories;
- Know how to handle books and that they can be a source of stories and information;
- Know the purpose for which we use writing; and make their own attempts at writing.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings 9.05 a.m. - 11.35 a.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons 12.15 p.m. - 2.45 p.m.